***This property is no longer available as a vacation rental, but it is for sale***
For availability and to make a reservation,
call us at 386-748-8652
or e-mail at Questions@driftinncottage.com.
Current rates are: Prices are subject to change without notice.
Current rates are:
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Vacation Rental Polices for The Drift Inn
(Microsoft Word Document)______________________________________________________________________________________
VACATION RENTAL POLICIES
THE DRIFT INN
343 East Graves Avenue, Orange City, Florida
THIS LEASE AGREEMENT is made and entered into this ______day of ______________, ______, at Orange City, State of Florida, by and between MARY WAITS, hereinafter called "Owner", and hereinafter called "Tenant."
1. RENT & SECURITY DEPOSIT: Tenant shall pay Owner a total rent for the above stated rental period the sum of _____________________________($__________) dollars, together with applicable sale tax. Tenant shall also pay Owner a security deposit in the 'amount of $________ which shall be returned, without interest, after inspection of the Premises, subject to any deduction as set forth below.
2. PAYMENT: Payment of rent and security deposit is preferred by check or money order and shall be paid not less than thirty (30) days prior to arrival date.
3. CANCELLATIONS: Rent and security shall be refunded provided written notice of cancellation is received by owner not less than fourteen (14) days prior to commencement of rental period.
4. FURNISHINGS & SUPPLIES: The home is fully furnished, including television and fully equipped kitchen. Normal consumables such as salt, pepper, foils, wraps, etc. are also supplied with the understanding that they be replaced as consumed.
5. CLEANING: It is the Tenant's responsibility to leave the Premises in the same general condition it had upon arrival by making sure that dishes are washed and put away, used towels are put in the washer and the home is' generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted and sanitized. If additional cleaning or repairs are required, appropriate charges will be deducted from the security deposit. In the event the cost of any repairs exceed the amount of the security deposit, tenant agrees to pay such difference.
6. SMOKING: Smoking inside the Premises is strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule shall result in immediate termination of tenancy.
7. PETS: Pets are allowed provided arrangements have been made and fees paid in advance. Tenant must abide by all local pet regulations and leash laws.
8. OCCUPANTS: This home has a maximum occupancy of four (4) persons. Due to zoning and fire code regulations and the septic system, this limitation shall be strictly enforced. In addition Tenant agrees to occupy the home in a manner befitting a quiet neighborhood setting. Valid complaints of excessive noise or other nuisance shall be cause for immediate termination of tenancy. Well behaved children over 9 years of age are welcome.
9. WEATHER: The owner does not assume any responsibility or liability for inclement weather or natural disasters. Any damage, injury, loss of utilities, or other inconvenience resulting from such matters beyond the control of the Owner is entirely the risk of Tenant.
10. MAINTENANCE: Owner will diligently address any maintenance issues as they occur. In the event a maintenance issue occurs that cannot be remedied within a reasonable time, and such issue makes the home untenantable, Owner shall have the option of refunding the rent for period during which the house is untenantable and shall be deemed full restitution for any claim by Tenant.
11. KEYS: Tenant shall be provided two keys to the house. In the event keys are not returned Tenant shall be charged a fee of twenty-five ($25.00) which shall be deducted from security deposit.
12. HOLD HARMLESS PROVISION: Unless caused directly by Owner, Tenant fully releases, discharges and holds Owner harmless from any and all claims, causes of action, and demands whatsoever resulting from any injury sustained by Tenant, by Tenant's family, or by Tenant's guests resulting from Tenant’s occupancy.
13. SITUS: This Agreement shall be construed under and in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida.
14. DEFAULT: Failure of Tenant and Tenant's guests to comply with the terms of this Agreement shall be grounds for immediate termination of this rental. In the event termination must be enforced by legal action the prevailing party shall be entitled to costs and attorney's fees.